Zupplychain launched its Stock Database in August and Zupplychain customers and warehouse providers are already actively using its functionality to manage their stock. The key features of the Zupplychain Stock Database are:
- Customers can input or upload the pallets to be stored onto the database. In doing so, Zupplychain gives each pallet a unique reference number (URN). A label is then printed and adhered to each pallet, showing the URN and a barcode as well as product code, product description etc.
- On receipt of the pallets, the Zupplychain warehouse books them in on the Stock Database, noting any discrepancies. An automatic e-mail goes to the customer notifying him of the booking in.
- When the customer wants specific pallets to be returned or delivered to a third party, these can be requested on the Stock Database using the unique reference number. Delivery addresses and carriers can also be specified.
- The warehouse is notified by Zupplychain of the customer request to dispatch specific pallets. Once dispatched, the warehouse books out the pallets on the Stock Database, which generates a notification to the customer.
- At all times, the customer and the warehouse can view stock details by product or pallets at summary and detailed levels.
The Zupplychain Stock Database has already become a compelling reason for some customers to choose a Zupplychain warehouse for pallet storage ahead of alternative options. With the database, customers can have several Zupplychain warehouse relationships and manage their entire third party pallet stock on one system.
To understand more about whether Zupplychain’s Stock Database could help solve your pallet storage challenges, go to our new Stock Database page, where we’ve brought together all our videos, how-to guides and other information about managing your stock online with us.